Saturday, December 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jo!



It Jo's birthday!!!!!!

Jo is my biggest and littlest sister.
She is biggest in age, smallest in size.

Jo is incredible.

Jo could do pretty much anything in life. She is "drop dead gorgeous," smarter than one person should be allowed, and has an adorable sense of humor.

She has taken all that awesomeness and invested it in our family.
Jo teaches the kids five days a week (unless you didn't catch it... that is how many school days are in a week.).

When I was in high school  (WAY back), Jo stayed up many a night with me.
We had a lot of fun together, doing History assignments, listening to "History songs" ("I'm Sailing away...."), and learning.

Jo has this crazy gift of making learning, fun! (Crazy! I know!) But somehow she does it.

Johnny is in the process of reading "Romeo and Juliet" with Jo.
Although he would never admit it, I am positive he is enjoying it!
That book is full of silly ideas.
Romeo goes to a party (he is engaged to another woman...) see's Juliet (Falls in "love?" or did he just think she was cute?), kisses Juliet, and marries Juliet in one night.
Excuse me!
Ya... I made sure they realized how stupid that was!
BUT... back to the point. Jo took this ridiculous story, and found things to teach the boys from it.

Mom and Jo make a great team... between the two, our house is busting at the seams with smartness. *Haha, not really!*



Years and years ago, Jo and I had our own "magazine."
Blue Gables News.
We did them often... in case anyone in the family had forgotten any happenings.
At one point we made big plans to go "cyber" and send them to everyone important (Grandma, etc.).
It was our pride and joy.
We thought we were so cool and professional.
She would type, I would talk, and somehow we would put great stuff on paper.
Jo never corrected my grammar or told me "that's stupid," even if it really was.
She added to my babbling... we were a great team.

On Thanksgiving-eve,  Jo, Marian, and I made pies.
We set up the TV and watched "My Fair Lady."
WOW... that movie amazes me.
It is HILARIOUS!
Of course, we never knew that because we always forwarded the songs.
Ya... that is the point of the movie... but they're long.
We truly howled with laughter through the whole thing.
The boys kinda stared at us like we were going crazy... we couldn't help it.

Jo is someone who listens really well.
She has been there for me so many times.
I love how Jo gets really excited about things... whether it is God, a recipe, or an idea.

Jo is awesome!
Jo is someone I wish I was more like... although that is a far-fetched wish.
She is one of my very best friends and I love her SO much!

Happy Birthday, Jo!



I smile because you are my sister, I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!

-- Author Unknown

Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.
-- Carol Saline



I love you, Jo!

No comments:

Post a Comment