Monday, November 7, 2011

Sisters, Sisters...


"There were never such devoted sisters."



For as long as I can remember... I have had the same two best friends. 
There have been other dear friends, other "kindred spirits;" but only two that hold the life long record of my very "best friends."
These two would be my very dear sisters, Johanna and Beth.


There is also my latest "best friend," Marian. She is growing up so fast. Although she is almost ten years younger than me. She is also one of my "best friends."



Recently I found a "best friend" scrap book that she had done a while back. She put me as her "best friend." It meant the world to me.


 

"Those who've seen us, know that not a thing could come between us"

As devoted sisters we have lost many nights of sleep while talking about great issues of life... as well as just the trivial happenings. We can be serious and in an instant cause people to seriously doubt our sanity. 



They have been there through the rough times just as they have been there for the great times.  I remember so many times through the turmoil of "growing up" where my sisters were the ones pulling me along!


"Never had to have a chaperone, no sir, I'm there to keep my eye on her"





Having Beth get married was the most exciting thing in the world... and the craziest. 
There are loads of books for people planning on getting married... but you can't find one for the sisters. 
We had spent plenty of time planning our weddings and talking about when our "princes" would come. 
Nothing prepared us for when he actually did come. 


All our lives we had done most everything together. Now she was going to take a  giant leap into the vast un-known... alone.  It was much harder than I expected.


Beth made the perfect bride and put to shame all of those myths about "bratty brides." 


"Lord, help the mister who comes between me and my sister."

After the shock wore off... I was able to see that Jeffrey wasn't such a bad fellow after all. 




Now he is completely and totally the big brother I have always wished for

"Caring, sharing, every little thing that we are wearing. ....She wore the dress, and I stayed home"



When I was trying frantically to decide what to wear to the audition  (It  really did matter!) of  "Cinderella," it was Jo who gave me the skirt that I still believe was the reason I got the part.
 Now that is an awesome sister! 

"Three different faces, but in tight places, we think and we act as one"


I will never be sure how or when it happened that we became the way we are today, we definitely had our hard times... but we are sisters.  I don't know where I would be without them....but I know it would be scary. 
I wouldn't trade my sisters for anything in the world! They mean so much to me!
I love you girls!

"You can kid the world.  But not your sister. " ~Charlotte Gray


I smile because you are my sister, I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it! Author Unknown

What's the good of news if you haven't a sister to share it?  ~Jenny DeVries

How do people make it through life without a sister?  ~Sara Corpening

A sister is a forever friend.  ~Author Unknown

Our roots say we're sisters, our hearts say we're friends.  ~Author Unknown

Sister to sister we will always be,
A couple of nuts off the family tree.
~Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the post! As one of five girls I can relate to a lot of the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete