Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Words from the Wise

Psalm 37: 3-7
Trust in the Lord, and do good....
Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.
Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him....


There are some passages of scriptures that seem to impact me over and over.... and over, again! 


Psalms 37:3-7 is one of those passages.


Trust. Delight. Commit. Rest. Wait Patiently.

Truly, there hasn't ever been a time in life when I haven't needed to be reminded of those words.


The resting and waiting patiently is something that doesn't come all that naturally for me. 
I like to do things in a very "fast and furious" manner. 
The Lord is having to remind me to slow down and let Him have it all.
Let Him take control.
Let my will be lost in His.
Calm down.....
Relax....
Chill....
Etc....


My Bible naturally flips open to that passage.... I think it is mainly because God knows how much I need to be reminded of those words, but it may also have something to do with the way it folds from being opened there so often!

Anyhow.... I love quotes..
Lots.
There are so many wise old people... their words bless me.
Lots.
I thought I would share a few that blessed me today!

"Nothing is too great and nothing is too small to commit into the hands of the Lord."
A.W. Pink

"The cure for impatience with the fulfillment of God's timetable is to believe His promises, obey His will, and leave the results to Him."
Jerry Bridges

"I lay my "whys?" before Your cross in worship kneeling, my mind beyond all hope, my heart beyond all feeling; and worshiping, realize that I, in knowing You, don't need a "why?""
Ruth Graham

"The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you. To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else."
Bernadette Delvin 

"Until the will and the affections are brought under the authority of Christ, we have not begun to understand, let alone to accept, His lordship."
Elisabeth Elliot

Merry Wednesday and a happy weekend to all! 

1 comment:

  1. you really are an amazing young woman!
    sincerely, Alton

    ReplyDelete