Wednesday, July 11, 2012

To Know Him...




Well. I'm alive! 
Only through God's amazing grace!!!!

God has been so good. 

It hasn't been easy. 

But God has been so good! 

"Training" is over.... we are shadowing this week.
Monday will be my first shift alone. 

Please PLEASE pray for me! 

To be honest... I'm freaking out!

But that's me. 

God is SO much bigger than I am. 

God has taken me out of more comfort zones than I knew existed...

It has been painful and emotional. 
But it has been good. 

My poor mom has put up with more calls home than should be allowed. 

I am so blessed by my support system back home... SO very blessed.

From my little siblings sweet "I love you" emails, to the long talks with mom, my sisters sweet comfort, my dads continuous love and wisdom, friends who have written.... I am SO blessed. 

Philippians 3:8
 "Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord..."

Knowing Christ is beautiful.
Coming to know Christ is worth it.....

This is a precious time to come to know him in a totally new and intimate way.
This is new and scary... but it is giving me more opportunities to draw closer to the Lord than ever before.
This is a time that makes me truly starve for Christ. Starve for His word. Starve for His wisdom.  Starve for Him.
This is a time that is bringing me to the point of leaning on him for everything. 
This is taking me beyond myself.


This is hard... but this is worth it!








2 comments:

  1. Your faith is such an encouragement. I know what you mean when it is only by God's perfect grace that makes trials possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, you are an inspiration to me!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete