Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lessons:

There is SO much that I have learned since coming here to Indiana... silly stuff and stuff that will rock my world forever more!

A few of those lessons....

- Jesus satisfies.
Every desire.
Every ache.
Everything.

- I can thank God for my weakness....
This lesson is a hard one.
These last few weeks have shown me a TON of my weaknesses.

When I'm hurting... I don't want to thank God for it.

But when I am hurting and weak is when His strength can be made known.

- I love working out.

We have a free gym pass for a gym that is literally less than fifty feet away from where I live.
It is AMAZING!
I love it....

I have my whole routine worked out.... I pass the time with texting my family random pictures of the people working-out near me.
"Stealth pictures."
You should try.... it's rather fun!

- Needing God = an awesome place to be.

It has been AMAZING/wonderful/awesome to have times... like lots of times... when you NEED Jesus.
You CRAVE His Word.
You talk to Him... or die!

I have never in my life needed Christ like I have in the last couple weeks.

I have never had such a beautiful intimacy with Him!
He has brought me to Himself and held me through joy and pain.
He is my Beloved!

- When you are not living at home you actually have PAIRS of socks!
I don't even know how to handle this crazy phenomena!
Its weird.
It makes me miss home every time I put on socks.

- Pleasing God is what counts.
I can't make everyone happy.
If I try... it is WAY too stressful!

- I am a health nut.
Its ridiculous that I never knew this.

I've spent my whole life eating an amazingly healthy diet... and now that my mom isn't cooking for me daily.... I realize how awesome that is/was!

I have absurd ideas on what "health" is... and I LOVE my ice-cream and chocolate.... but I am shocking myself with how much I care about eating my greens, getting enough protein, etc.

- Coffee and tea are like spaghetti to me.
Comforts of home.
I love them!
I need them!

- Mornings are AWESOME!
My shift starts at 5:45am, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
I've been getting up at 4:30am.

Crazy?
I know.

But I have enjoyed these early mornings SO much!
I get to be awake and have my time with Jesus while everyone else is sleeping!
Its great!

- My family is too good to be true.
But they are true!
I am overwhelmed with how blessed I have been and still am.

I'm already WAY too excited about visiting home!!!!!!!
I love them so much!

- Gangsta is in....
At least at this place!

"Halla?"
"True dat!"
"Sho did..."

I think I'm slowly catching on....

- My hair is curly in the humidity.
Crazy.... but curly!

-  Seeing other's pain is really hard.... but God gives grace.
I've had to see a lot of pain lately.
Pain that tears your heart up. 
I can't handle it... but God gives grace, amazing grace to handle situations that I never could see on my own. 


- Time. Something I have never had much of and now am overwhelmed with.... Something that looms ahead me.... something I want to fill.... something that I have to give to God...


Time is God's. 


- The Word of God is so powerful!
It is amazing to see time after time how God provides what I need through the Bible.

- Jesus is mine.
I am His. 


This life... its about Him.

1 comment:

  1. Your post made me smile. such a crazy tangle of thoughts.;) But I really like them! Wow, hope no one at your gym reads this .No one will work out beside you! LOL
    God in you and through you will be there for you and others as you minister.
    11Cor 1:3-5 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

    4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

    5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
    Bless you

    ReplyDelete